Teamwork is as American as the American Dream. And it makes sense that first-time homebuyers would build a team to help pursue their dream. Here are the players that you should recruit:
1. A full-time Realtor®. When you have a Nashville Realtor who is committed and engaged in the market, you can identify your future home early in the listing process. Today’s market is moving fast and you need someone who is full-time, focused and “on it!”
2. A good lender. A down payment is often the biggest stumbling block, so find a lender who is local to Middle Tennessee and experienced working with first-time buyers. Preferred loan officers have the ability to build “what-if” scenarios on their computer so you can better assess your options.
3. Family. Do you have parents or grand- parents with money sitting in a savings account at 0.1 percent interest? They would be far better off investing in you. If they can help with your financing, they could get a two percent return or whatever rate you agree upon.
4. Inspector. Home inspectors can root out potential issues with properties before they become issues for you. Pareto partners have strategies to get inspections done.
5. Transaction coordinator. Identify a Realtor® who serves as transaction coordinator to shepherd you though each step of the purchase process.
When you are looking to buy a home, make sure you evaluate more than just the Realtor, who is only one piece of the home buying puzzle. Hire someone that works with a great team!